Download EL Podcast: The Cry for Revival – Sam Adejo | Pst Jonah
Revival means drawing near to God with the expectation of Him drawing near to us. Isaiah 55: 6-7.
– When revival comes, God’s people will hunger for righteousness, worship and service in His name. When revival comes, the lost will be drawn to Jesus by the Father.
– Revival is needed whenever the love of God’s people has grown cold. We read in Revelation 3:15-17, “I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. Because thou sayest, ‘I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing’; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked.”
– When revival comes, people who have wandered away to the far country will return to the Father’s House. When revival comes, serving God will not wear us out but will lift us up. When revival comes, His name will be exalted and His people filled with His Spirit.
– You will never receive a blessing from God that you are not pursuing. Revival is intentional. Receiving from God comes through deep desire for more of Him. Ask and it shall be given thee, seek and ye shall find, knock and it shall be opened unto thee.
– Revival must be personal and experienced by individual. The church is as strong as the individual person. As one walks with joy, as one walks with zeal, as one walks with power, it strengthens the cords of the entire group. The church will be stronger as the individual life is made strong.
– When you desire to see His name glorified – you are desiring revival. When you seek to motivate the Church – you are seeking revival. When you are burdened by sin within the Church – you are burdened for revival. When you ask the Lord to fan the flame within your own heart – you are asking for revival.
– A revival is not the Church deciding to do something and doing it. It is something that happens or is done to the Church by God. It is an awakening to who God is and a longing to be close to Him and follow His word.
LISTEN & DOWNLOAD BELOW